The Kelsey Group was formed for the purpose of helping owners of privately held companies accelerate their growth and maximize the value of their business. Our core focus is to extract the owner(s) of the business from too much involvement in the day-to-day operations by developing the leadership team and aligning the resources of the company to the personal and business objectives of the owner(s).
The services offered by The Kelsey Group are intended to accomplish the following:
- Increase executive/management productivity by relieving the business owner/CEO from the day-to-day distractions (or noise) that prevent them from doing what they want to do.
- Helping companies avoid costly hiring mistakes by offering a unique approach to employee recruiting, screening and selection.
- Ensure the right people are doing the right job by thoroughly understanding and aligning the necessary workplace behaviors, motivation and skills of each employee to their position.
- Advance the success and overall effectiveness of key decision makers/managers.
- Maximize revenue opportunities by bringing decades of Sales, Marketing and Business Development expertise that will produce a competitive advantage.
We believe passionately that when a business gets the people “right”, everything will take care of itself. Our services are designed to do just that. We not only become trusted advisors for our clients, but, by having multiple peer advisory boards comprised of other seasoned business owners from a broad-range of industries, our clients can learn from the collective experience of these groups in dealing with critical business issues or growth opportunities. The sharing of ideas and personal experiences will avoid costly mistakes and make better decisions. Having access to other business owners is considered invaluable by our members and to have comparable talent through consultants or other advisors would otherwise be unaffordable.
The Kelsey Group is owned by John Keener and Barry Gleeson. The company was founded by Mr. Keener in 1999 when he started The Alternative Board (TAB) – St. Louis franchise to help owners of privately held businesses improve their personal and business life through peer advisory boards. Barry Gleeson joined The Kelsey Group in 2008 and became an equity partner in 2011. Collectively, they bring a complimentary set of skills with diverse backgrounds in both large (Fortune 100) and small, privately held businesses.